Join AAA offer details (does not apply to current members)
Limited time offer. Available on new Membership only. One-time enrollment fee may apply. Standard rates apply for Membership dues upon renewal. Offer not available in all markets. Enroll in Automatic Renewal and receive an additional Roadside Assistance service call for FREE for each member on your membership. Current AAA members are not eligible for this offer. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer and/or promotion. Note: Members on a single membership cannot carry different levels of coverage (i.e. if Primary Member is Classic Member then all Members on that Membership must be Classic Members.)
If you need assistance the day you sign up for AAA
We charge an additional, non-refundable Service Fee if Roadside Assistance is requested on the same calendar day that a Member joins or a lapsed Member renews*. *This applies only if the Member renews after their 60-day membership grace period has expired.
We’re all about safety, and the key to safety is knowledge, so we want you to understand how we operate:
- AAA Roadside Assistance covers you, not your car. Whatever car you’re in—as a driver or a passenger—if you break down, we come to the rescue. So even if you’re in a rental car, or a rideshare like Lyft, we’re there for you. * When your AAA technician arrives, you need to show them your driver’s license to get service.
- Your membership benefits can’t be used by anyone else.
- Call us when your car is disabled, meaning it has broken down and you’re unable to drive it.
- Our goal is to get your car running again. If we’re not able to do that, we’ll tow your car to the repair shop of your choice, wherever you prefer.
Signing up for Automatic Renewal
Automatic Renewal gives you peace of mind knowing you won’t have any lapse in your coverage—because you never know when you’ll need us. Members on auto renewal receive one additional roadside assistance call for each member on the membership.
- To sign up, you just need to provide a valid credit or debit card (Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover) and the card expiration date.
- About 35 days before your renewal date each year, we’ll automatically charge your annual membership fee to your credit card. We will notify you in advance when and the amount of dues we will charge your card.
- You can cancel Automatic Renewal anytime by email, phone, or letter.
Waiting periods, refunds, renewals & cancellations/expirations
We believe in total transparency with our Members. Here are a few of our policies you should be aware of.
There’s a 7-day waiting period for Plus, RV & Premier enhanced services.
* Classic level service will be provided during this time.
- If you renew your membership within 59 days of the expiration date, your original join date and expiration date will stay the same, and your years of membership tenure will continue to accrue. * Your annual membership dues will still be due a year from your original expiration date, which will be less than twelve months from the late payment date.
- If you renew your membership 60 days or more after it expires, you’ll receive a new join date, a new annual expiration date, and any accrued membership tenure will be lost.
- If, at any time during the first three months of your new membership, you decide AAA isn’t right for you, cancel your membership and we’ll refund the unused portion of your dues—including upgrades and added household Members.
- If you cancel your membership after the first three months, your membership dues—including upgrades and added household Members—will not be refunded, but your Member benefits will remain in force until your membership expires.
- For the first 30 days after your membership expires, we continue to provide all services, and all services except roadside assistance for the next 29 days unless the membership dues are paid at the time roadside assistance is requested (roadside assistance is available at Member rates during this period).
- We may charge a one-time $15 non-refundable Enrollment Fee for joining AAA.
- Overpayment's will be applied to your next membership renewal, or, by request, will be 100% refunded. No other refunds will be granted.
You consent to AAA calling or texting you on the telephone number you have provided using an autodialed and/or prerecorded or artificial voice message to provide you with information regarding your Membership and/or marketing messages. You are not required to agree to receive prerecorded or artificial voice messages and, if applicable, calls to your wireless phone, as a condition of your Membership.
For additional details and to see the full AAA Member Guide click here