Sr. Public Relations Specialist, MD
O: (410) 616-1900 (ext. 4361153)
C: (443) 244-7253
TOWSON, MD (February 8, 2019) –– More than half of Americans – 51 percent – are estimated to celebrate Saint Valentine’s Day and the spending is expected to reach a record amount for the holiday – in the billions.
Lovers in America are estimated to spend $20.7 billion on average on Saint Valentine’s Day this year. That romantic tab includes $1.8 billion on candy, $1.9 billion on flowers, $3.9 billion on jewelry, and $3.5 billion for an evening out, according to the National Retail Federation.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, some gift-givers could be seeing red. Many AAA members only think of using their membership when it comes to their car. But this Valentine’s Day, a AAA membership card could save you a bundle.
“Many members are aware of the discounts available for travel, but we are committed to providing additional benefits and discounts for AAA members on everyday expenses including gifts for loved ones,” said Ragina Cooper Averella, Manager of Public and Government Affairs, AAA Mid-Atlantic. “The same card that provides peace of mind with emergency roadside assistance can also provide savings on retail items, hotel accommodations, household repairs, pet care, jewelry and more.”
These sweet discounts are available to anyone with a AAA card:
- 1-800-FLOWERS – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Cheryl’s Cookies – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Harry and David – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Ticket Monster – get 25 percent or more on all theater, concert, sporting event and attraction tickets and up to 40 percent off movie tickets
- AMC, Cinemark, Regal Cinemas, United Artist Theatres – save up to 30 percent on movie tickets (discounts vary depending on the movie theater – gift cards also available in AAA stores)
- Redbox – Save 25% off all disc rentals for the first night (for those who prefer to stay in)
- The UPS Store – save 5 percent on shipping
- Restaurants – Oceanaire Seafood Room (save 10 percent), Ruby Tuesday (save 15 percent), Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (save 10 percent)
Information on all discounts can be found at AAA.com/Discounts.
AAA members who use their card for discounts save an average of $92 per year. Yet new membership starts at just $57 a year, a price Maryland drivers find well worth it for roadside rescue peace of mind.
Which brings to mind a final great Valentine’s Day gift: a AAA membership. Nothing says love like the protection of AAA and, maybe your sweetheart will treat you to some of the wonderful discounted options available with AAA membership.
For special offers on new AAA Memberships, use the promo code: “SAFETYNEW.” For current members renewing, use the promo code: “SAFETY.” Call (866) 636-2377 or visit a AAA Mid-Atlantic store. To find a store location, visit www.AAA.com/Store.
Follow us on Twitter: @AAAMDNews
Like us on Facebook: AAA Mid-Atlantic News
8600 LaSalle Road, Ste 639
Towson, MD 21286
AAA provides automotive, travel and insurance services to 59 million members nationwide and more than 982,000 members in Maryland. AAA advocates for the safety and mobility of its members and has been committed to outstanding road service for more than 100 years. The not-for-profit, fully tax-paying member organization works on behalf of motorists, who can now map a route, find local gas prices, discover discounts, book a hotel and track their roadside assistance service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. For more information, visit AAA.com.