Public Affairs Specialist, OH
O: (513) 762-3105 ext. (5503105)
C: (513) 401-4911
CINCINNATI, OH (May 6, 2019) –If spoiling Mom is in your plans, remember that your AAA card can help you save in the process. Many AAA members only think of using their card when it comes to their cars. But this Mother’s Day, they can use their membership to save a bundle.
- Save 25% site wide on gifts from 1-800-Flowers.com and their Family of Brands: Harry & David®, 1-800-Baskets®, Fruit Bouquets℠, Cheryl's®, Personalization Universe®, The Popcorn Factory®, Simply Chocolate℠, Stock Yards®, and Wolferman's®. This offer lasts April 29 through May 12. AAA members can take advantage of this offer online at AAA.com/1800Flowers, by phone at 1-800-356-9377 or at participating 1-800-FLOWERS® retail stores.
- Show your AAA card to receive a 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at Landry’s Restaurants (Chart House®, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.®, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Joe's Crab Shack, Rainforest Cafe®, and Vic & Anthony's).
- AAA Members receive 15% off food and soft beverage purchases at Ruby Tuesday with a unique individual promo code, which would be provided upon member verification at AAA.com/rubytuesday.
Additional Savings Opportunities
- Stop in your local AAA Cincinnati office and purchase a gift card from a retailer such as Target, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works or travel items such as luggage and travel accessories for the perfect summer getaway.
Americans are expected to spend a record amount ($25 billion) on Mother’s Day this year, up almost $2 billion over last year, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF).
The NRF breaks down Mother’s Day spending this way:
- 67% of people shopping for Mother’s Day gifts plan to purchase flowers (expected spend $2.6 billion)
- 55% of people shopping for Mother’s Day plan to take mom for a special outing, likely out to eat (expected spend $4.6 billion)
- Nearly one third (29%) of Mother’s Day spending ($7.2 billion) will be on flowers and dining out.
AAA members who use their card for discounts save an average of $92 per year. Yet membership starts at just $57 a year, a price local drivers find well worth it for roadside rescue peace of mind.
Which brings to mind a final great Mother’s Day gift. . . .a AAA membership. Nothing says love like the protection of AAA. . . and, maybe Mom will treat you to some of the wonderful discounted options available with AAA membership! Information on all discounts can be found at AAA.com/Discounts.
AAA provides automotive, travel, and insurance services to 59 million members nationwide and nearly two and a half million members in Ohio. AAA advocates for the safety and mobility of its members and has been committed to outstanding road service for more than 100 years. AAA is a non-stock, non-profit corporation working on behalf of motorists, who can now map a route, find local gas prices, discover discounts, book a hotel, and track their roadside assistance service with the AAA Mobile app (AAA.com/mobile) for iPhone, iPad and Android. For more information, visit www.AAA.com.