Public Affairs Specialist, OH
O: (513) 762-3105 ext. (5503105)
C: (513) 401-4911
CINCINNATI, OH (November 11, 2020)—As a result of an early morning crash, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear announced that the Brent Spence Bridge is expected to be closed for several days. AAA warns of the significant impact it could have on travel for commuters.
“Motorists should be mindful of the impact the closure will have on their daily commute by planning ahead,” says Jenifer Moore, AAA spokeswoman. “The safety and well-being of all—including emergency workers and inspectors—is critically important in the coming days, and AAA urges everyone to exercise patience while traveling.”
AAA offers the following additional tips to commuters:
- Plan your travel and seek an alternative route needed
- Make a plan with your employer for alternative plans such as late arrival/early leave or work from home
- Exercise patience and be prepared for traffic delays
- Stay focused on the road and eliminate distractions
- Move Over! Be mindful of construction and emergency workers on the roads
- Fill up the gas tank to avoid being stranded
- Air travelers should allow ample time for travel on alternative routes as they head to CVG airport.
- Sign up for email/text alerts to stay updated on daily travel advisories at www.OHGo.com and www.transportation.ky.gov