HARTFORD, CT (February 18, 2021) –The winter weather sweeping across the nation has the potential to impact not only road travel but travel by plane as well. AAA travel agents are busy assisting members in a variety of ways from COVID-19 guidance to re-routing travel itineraries.
“Even though many people are not flying due to the pandemic, those who are will face the prospect of extreme temperatures and record snow fall in some destinations and possibly widespread delays and cancellations as a result,” says Amy Parmenter, spokesperson for AAA in Greater Hartford. “This is a perfect storm of possible travel woes. AAA will be there, as always, to help members reach their destinations.”
As officials issue warnings on the importance of preparation for extreme conditions, AAA is also sending a reminder on how to prepare for air travel delays with the following tips:
- Check with your travel agent and travel providers for cancellation policies and itinerary changes.
- Consider your travel alternatives and options.
- Monitor weather conditions regularly, both in your departure and destination cities.
- Check your flight status before leaving for the airport. Consider signing up for text or mobile app alerts from your airline for the latest flight information.
- Remember, masks are required on planes and other forms of public transportation like buses and trains.
- When flying, bring essentials in your carry-on bag such as a change of clothing, extra masks, and medication in case travel schedules change.
- Check with your hotel for local updates on potential weather impacts.
- Understand your travel insurance policy for details on coverage in the event of severe inclement weather.
- Review COVID - 19 travel restrictions at your destination before you go at TripTik.AAA.com.
CT Mailing Address:
815 Farmington Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06119
AAA provides automotive, travel and insurance services to 58 million members nationwide and more than one million members in Connecticut. AAA advocates for the safety and mobility of its members and has been committed to outstanding road service for more than 100 years. The not-for-profit, fully tax-paying member organization works on behalf of motorists, who can now map a route, find local gas prices, discover discounts, book a hotel and track their roadside assistance service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. For more information, visit www.aaa.com.