It is the quintessential heart-shaped holiday, and the day of 110 million roses. More than half of Americans – 62 percent – are estimated to celebrate Saint Valentine’s Day and the spending will be in the billions.
Lovers in America are estimated to spend $19.6 billion on average on Saint Valentine’s Day this year. That romantic tab includes $2 billion on flowers, $4.7 billion on jewelry, $1.8 billion on candy, and $3.7 billion for an evening out, according to the National Retail Federation.
AAA Mid-Atlantic can help love-struck shoppers with the ideal gift, night out on the town or romantic dinner. And if the shopper is a AAA member, you can save money and earn reward points simultaneously. While many AAA members only think of using their membership when it comes to their car, using their AAA card could save them a bundle.
“Many members are aware of the discounts available for travel, but we are committed to providing additional benefits and discounts for AAA members on everyday expenses including gifts for loved ones,” said Ragina Cooper Averella, Manager of Public and Government Affairs, AAA Mid-Atlantic. “The same card that provides peace of mind with emergency roadside assistance can also provide savings on retail items, hotel accommodations, household repairs, pet care, jewelry and more.”
Give the love of your life a giant plush Teddy “bear”-ing a dozen red roses. Think of your AAA card as a coupon and start saving with these perfectly sweet discounts. AAA members receive discounts at more than 100,000 locations nationwide; plus have exclusive access to more than 30,000 online merchants with AAA Discounts. Shop online and save on great brands including Macy’s, Nordstrom, Best Buy, and Restaurant.com.
Let Cupid lead you right to AAA.com/discounts. Here are some gift ideas for your sweetheart with sweet savings to anyone with a AAA card:
- 1-800-FLOWERS – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Cheryl’s Cookies – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Harry and David – get 25 percent off through Valentine’s Day
- Kay Jewelers – get 30 to 40 percent off Valentine’s Day Deals (online only)
- AMC, Cinemark, Regal Cinemas, United Artist Theatres – save up to 30 percent on movie tickets (discounts vary depending on the movie theater – gift cards also available in AAA stores)
- Brookstone – get up to 20 percent off, online only
- Barnes & Noble – get up to 40 percent off best-sellers
- Spa & Wellness – get 10 percent off Spa & Wellness gift cards (accepted at over 8,000 facilities)
- Restaurants – Chart House (save 10 percent), Oceanaire Seafood Room (save 10 percent), Hard Rock Cafe (save 10 percent)
AAA members who use their card for discounts save an average of $86 per year. Yet membership starts at just $57 a year, a price local drivers find well worth it for roadside rescue peace of mind.
Which brings to mind a final great Valentine’s Day gift…a AAA membership. Nothing says love like the protection of AAA…and, maybe your sweetheart will treat you to some of the wonderful discounted options available with AAA membership.
Follow us on Twitter: @AAAMDNews
Like us on Facebook: AAA Mid-Atlantic News
8600 LaSalle Road, Ste 639
Towson, MD 21286
AAA provides automotive, travel and insurance services to 58 million members nationwide and more than 937,000 members in Maryland. AAA advocates for the safety and mobility of its members and has been committed to outstanding road service for more than 100 years. The not-for-profit, fully tax-paying member organization works on behalf of motorists, who can now map a route, find local gas prices, discover discounts, book a hotel and track their roadside assistance service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. For more information, visit AAA.com.