WASHINGTON, D. C. (Wednesday, June 17, 2020) –– As state restrictions are eased and travel planning begins, AAA Mid-Atlantic is offering help for those who may be taking a plane to their next destination. The upcoming TSA Pre✓® events at AAA locations will make it easier to sign up for the screening program that offers an expedited process at the airport.
“For the foreseeable future, safe travel will be about way more than shortcuts through lines,” said John B. Townsend II, Manager of Public and Government Affairs for AAA. “It also means minimizing the number of contacts you and your belongings encounter.”
With TSA Pre✓®, travelers have no need to remove shoes, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, light outerwear or belts. Today, TSA Pre✓® has more than 450 lanes at 200+ U.S. airports.” TSA Pre✓® is valid for five years.
These week-long AAA events with IdentoGo TSA Pre✓® agents will allow travelers to enroll for screening approval with ease. AAA members and the general public must pre-schedule appointments and pre-register to participate at these locations:
- AAA Tysons Corner, 8300 Old Courthouse Rd., Vienna, VA 22182
- Thursday, June 18, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, June 19, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- AAA Fairfax Car Care, Insurance Travel Center, 9400 Main St, Fairfax, VA 22031
- Monday, June 22 - Thursday, June 25, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, June 26, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- AAA Fairfax, 4100 Monument Corner Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Monday, June 29 - Wednesday, July 1, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 2nd, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- AAA Manassas Car Care, Insurance Travel Center, 7865 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109
- Monday, July 6 - Thursday, July 9, 9 a.m. -12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 10, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The IdentoGo mobile van will be stationed at AAA Mid-Atlantic store parking areas for ease of access for participants. Enrollment agents are frequently sanitizing their hands and all surfaces of contact within the van and following strict guidelines including social distancing.
Appointments are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Online registration and appointment scheduling must be completed in advance. Proof of identity and U.S. Citizenship is required at appointments! Applications will be processed onsite. Follow these steps to pre-enroll:
- Click here to access the application page
- Click “Start Application Now”, then click “New Enrollment ”
- Fill out Steps and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- Type in your location at Zipcode/City/Airport Code box – search
- Choose the AAA location near you and click “Next”
Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time; no reminders will be sent out.) Mobile IdentoGO agents will process TSA Pre✓® applications on-site.
Appointments are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis so register as soon as possible. To complete the application process, you will need to bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status. Your name on the documents must match exactly. If they do not, bring an original or certified copy of a court ordered name change document (to include marriage certificates and divorce decrees).
If you have a valid U.S. passport, that is all you need for ID. You will finish the process onsite by providing your fingerprints for a background check. The application fee is $85 and can be paid by credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted.
*Children ages 12 and younger may use the TSA Pre✓® lane when traveling with a parent or guardian who has the indicator on their boarding pass. Travelers 13 years of age and older without a TSA Pre✓® boarding pass must go through standard security lanes.
For more event details, visit AAA’s website.
Follow us on Twitter: @AAADCNews
Like us on Facebook: AAA Mid-Atlantic News
Washington, D.C. Mailing Address:
1405 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
AAA provides automotive, travel and insurance services to 60 million members nationwide and nearly 82,000 members in the District of Columbia. AAA advocates for the safety and mobility of its members and has been committed to outstanding road service for more than 100 years. The not-for-profit, fully tax-paying member organization works on behalf of motorists, who can now map a route, find local gas prices, discover discounts, book a hotel and track their roadside assistance service with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. For more information, visit http://aaa.com