AAA: Americans Are Loving International Travel, as Millions Make Plans to Travel Overseas
Flyers can Enroll in TSA Pre✓® during Special Event Next Week in Enfield
HARTFORD, CT - If you are planning a trip overseas in the next year or so…you’re not alone. A new AAA Travel survey finds that one quarter of Americans plan to take an international vacation over the next 18 months.
AAA’s advance travel booking data suggests that many travelers will head to popular European destinations like Rome, London, Dublin and Paris, and warm-weather locales in Mexico and the Caribbean, including Cancun, Montego Bay and Punta Cana, with most travelers in search of unique experiences.
“We have seen a significant increase in air travel over the holidays in recent years, so it’s no surprise to see an increase in international travel as well,” says AAA Travel spokesperson Dianne Bourgoin. “Our Travel advisors are busy booking trips to many of the most popular destinations in Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean.”
Given the increase in air travel and in an effort to make flying domestically or internationally as easy as possible, AAA has arranged to have the mobile TSA Pre✓® RV at the AAA in Enfield next week, so travelers can enroll in the program that allows them to move through airport security more quickly.
For a three-day period, October 23, 24 and 25, IdentoGo TSA Pre✓® agents will be on location at the AAA office in Enfield (109 Elm St), enrolling those who have pre-registered and scheduled appointments in advance.(SEE SECOND RELEASE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
Top International Travel Destinations:
These are the top international travel destinations, based on AAA Travel bookings for trips over the next 18 months:
- Rome, Italy
- Cancun, Mexico
- London, England
- Dublin, Ireland
- Paris, France
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Munich, Germany
- Barcelona, Spain
“Millions of Americans are making plans to travel internationally this year and next. For those who will not, AAA’s survey found that one of their top concerns is the expense,” said Bourgoin. “A trip out of the country doesn’t have to break your bank. Travelers who lock in their plans now can take advantage of great cost savings.”
Tips for International Travel
Planning an international vacation can be a daunting task, but AAA Travel experts advise travelers they don’t have to go it alone. AAA recommends these additional tips to prepare for a trip overseas:
- Seek the expertise of a knowledgeable travel agent; they can make recommendations and help navigate the myriad options available for international travel, saving time, money and the hassle of planning solo.
- Review the AAA Travel Guides, recently enhanced with additional international destination information, for tips on where to go, how to get around, what to do and see, and what not to miss on vacation.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance to protect your vacation investment and ensure a smooth vacation experience.
- Be aware of your surroundings and remain vigilant while traveling internationally. Refer to the U.S. Department of State for detailed recommendations and country-specific information. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which makes it easier for the nearest embassy or consulate to contact U.S. citizens in case of an emergency.
For more information or to start planning a trip, visit AAA.com/Travel.
Follow us on Twitter: @AAAHartfordNews