April 10, 2020 – AAA, the premier roadside assistance provider for more than 100 years, is offering local heroes peace of mind as they keep our communities safe and healthy.
New offers, available through May 1, for first responders and health care professionals who must travel to work include a free oil change and other Car Care savings, 50% off primary dues for new Members and one free associate membership for existing Members.
Memberships include roadside assistance and an array of discounts for everything from restaurants to online orders of clothing, gifts and floral arrangements. Store associates are available to assist with membership sign-ups by phone as listed at www.aaa.com/store. These limited time offers for those involved in protecting our communities include 50% off primary dues plus one free associate, 50% off a second associate and $5 off annual renewal.
Metro-OKC AAA Car Care, Insurance and Travel Centers are providing free standard oil changes or $35 off full synthetic oil changes and tires at cost plus $19.99 installation. Curbside drop-off service is available along with complimentary LYFT service for those who call ahead to these locations:
- 6163 N. May Ave., OKC, (405) 717-8200
- 1701 S. Broadway, Edmond, (405) 348-8281
“We appreciate the tireless dedication of our health care workers, first responders, and law enforcement partners who are steadfastly doing their jobs during this challenging time,” said Craig Sumerel, President of Car Care, AAA Club Alliance Inc. “Our teams are actively helping these heroes so that their vehicles are ready when they need them.
In the interest of public health and in support of government recommendations to reduce the spread of COVID-19, AAA also offers the following recommendations to help people keep their cars clean while staying at home.
- Be sure to clean and wipe down the inside of the vehicle including steering wheel, gear shift, door, dashboard, seat, door handle, seat belts and any exposed surfaces using a damp cloth with a small amount of soap. It is best to avoid any cleaners with alcohol or bleach – this may dry the leather/vinyl, causing it to crack and discolor.
- Also, although these may not all be suitable for cleaning a vehicle (check your owner’s manual), the Environmental Protection Agency has a list of products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
- Make sure you clean your hands after filling your vehicle with gas using a disinfecting wipe when touching a keypad or gas pump handle. And don’t forget about your keys and fobs as well.