Some cars just make you feel good. The Genesis G90 is one such automobile.
Handsome outside, this full-size sedan from the luxury division of Hyundai has proportions that give it a decidedly stately look. It simply seems much more expensive than it is.
The same goes for the interior, where you’ll find such upscale amenities as a huge 12.3-inch center screen with crisp graphics, a 22-way adjustable heated/ventilated driver’s seat, a heated steering wheel and a fighter jet-style head-up display. There’s plenty of room front and back and a spacious 15.7-cubic-foot trunk.
From a performance perspective, the G90 is beyond reproach. The electronically controlled Drive Mode switch delivers a butter-smooth ride quality in the Comfort setting and surprisingly good hustle in Sport. The 420- horsepower, 5.0-liter V8 under the hood of our test car provided abundant acceleration, though fuel economy is not great.
In short, the G90 is one of those rare models that is liable to make you smile just staring at it in your driveway.
- The car comes fully loaded; the only options are a V6/V8 engine and RWD/AWD drivetrains.
- An absolute bargain compared with other large luxury sedans
- Relatively thirsty engines
- Doesn’t have the same prestige as other luxury brands
- An exceptionally nice luxury car at an exceptionally nice price
- Base Price: $72,200
- As Tested: $75,700
- 17/25 (3.3L V6 RWD)
- 16/24 (5.0L V8 RWD)