This year's deadline to file your federal taxes is April 18, which is fast approaching. Prepping for a painless tax season often entails the use of tax-filing software and websites that streamline the process for individuals to prepare their taxes more easily and inexpensively. Some software, such as TaxAct, offers professional CPA assistance for individuals while filing.
A leading provider of affordable digital and downloadable tax preparation solutions, TaxAct offers Xpert Assist. With Xpert Assist, you can get one-on-one help from a CPA or other tax expert, reaching out as many times as needed for help with your returns.
When you're ready to do your taxes, keep the following in mind:
- Understand all deadlines.
- Collect all documentation you will need to file.
- Do not forget that you also need to fill out your state tax return.
- Determine your do-it-yourself filing options. TaxAct offers a number of do-it-yourself options. You may qualify for free simple tax filing, or you could select TaxAct's Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed e-filing products.
- Submit your taxes on time.
Good to know: AAA members receive a 25 percent discount on 2021 state and federal tax filing costs when using TaxAct's Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed e-filing products.
To learn more about all that TaxAct offers, visit AAA.com/TaxAct25.