At a time when data breaches and cyber theft are all too common, it’s important to keep your primary accounts and personal information safe, especially when you shop online.
While your first instinct might be to pay for online purchases with a credit card, a wiser choice is to use a secure card such as a reloadable prepaid card, which lessens your exposure to fraud.
Consider the fraud protection and other benefits of using a reloadable prepaid card when shopping online this holiday season.
- Reloadable prepaid cards are not linked to a bank or credit account, so finances and personal information are protected against virtual spending risks.
- Using a prepaid card can help you budget for the holidays and prevent overspending since there you are not running up any debt. You set the amount you want to spend and reload funds if necessary.
- For ultimate peace of mind, choose prepaid cards with chip-and-PIN technology and the backing of major a payment network such as Visa. Prepaid cards can be used anywhere that major network is accepted.
- If a card is lost or stolen, some cards even offer emergency services, such as cash and card replacement.
- Many prepaid cards offer simple free ways to access and manage account information. Popular card management tools include online account access and smartphone apps to monitor card balance and transaction activity anytime, anywhere.
As a AAA member, you can enjoy all of these benefits and more with a AAA MemberPay Visa Prepaid Card.* Purchase ($4.95 for AAA members, $9.95 for non-members) one at your local AAA store or online at AAA.com/MemberPay.
*Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted