You don’t have to wait until you sail on one of Celebrity’s exclusive cruises to enjoy this delicious recipe. You can now prepare this treat in your own kitchen!
Chef Bernstein’s recipe is her take on a classic white gazpacho, a staple in the Andalusia region of Spain where tender, sweet Marcona almonds are plentiful. The recipe combines salted Marcona almonds, sweet green grapes and fragrant dill along with other complementary ingredients for a cool, refreshing soup with a wonderfully creamy consistency.INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup salted Spanish Marcona almonds
- ½ teaspoon fresh, peeled garlic
- ½ tablespoon fresh, peeled shallot
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 cups peeled and chopped cucumber (English, if available)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cold vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry wine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Add the almonds, garlic, shallot, grapes, dill, broth and cucumbers to a blender and puree until very smooth. While the blender is running, add the vinegar and wine and then slowly drizzle in the oil. Run the blender 4-5 minutes until the soup is very smooth. Refrigerate the soup until chilled. To serve, garnish with sliced grapes, almonds and dill. Makes 4 servings.