In modern times, cold soups are more closely aligned with a meal’s amouse bouche than its hearty main dish. The idea is to excite your appetite and prepare it for what’s ahead, not satiate your hunger. Of course, given that many chilled soups, such as this strawberry, basil and coconut blend, are sweet, they are also a wonderful way to finish off a delicious meal.
- 1 & 1/8 lbs. Frozen Strawberries (about 4.5 cups)
- 1/2 tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1¼ teaspoons Sweet Basil
- 1/4 quart Strawberry Ice Cream
- ¾ cup and 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream
HOW TO MAKE:
Using a blender or food processor, blend the above ingredients until a smooth pouring consistency is reached. If texture is too thick, add milk to thin it down with more coconut cream to taste. Serve immediately.