Our friends at Disney Parks asked their Festival chefs to share one of the favorite plant-based recipes – the Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw. This slider, with its perfect spicy kick, is a popular festival offering as well as an easy (and delicious!) recipe to make at home.
Makes 6 Sliders
SLAW DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup sambal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
SWEET AND SPICY SLAW INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded green papaya
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Reserved slaw dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
WASABI AÏOLI INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
IMPOSSIBLE™ PATTIES INGREDIENTS:
- 18 ounces Impossible™ Burger
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sambal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 slider rolls with sesame seeds
- 1 cup baby arugula
FOR SLAW DRESSING DIRECTIONS:
- Place sambal, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lime juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SWEET AND SPICY SLAW DIRECTIONS:
- Combine cabbage, carrot, sliced pepper, green papaya, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Add cooled slaw dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
FOR WASABI AÏOLI DIRECTIONS:
- Mix water and wasabi powder in medium to form a paste.
- Whisk in plant-based mayonnaise and salt until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR IMPOSSIBLE™ PATTIES DIRECTIONS:
- Combine Impossible™ Burger, salt, pepper, and sambal in large mixing bowl. Divide into six 3-ounce patties and shape to size of slider buns.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Place patties in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until 155°F.
- Keep warm.
Drizzle Wasabi Aïoli on the bottom half of each sesame bun and top with a few leaves of baby arugula. Top with Impossible™ patty and Sweet and Spicy Slaw before adding the top of each bun.
Cook’s Notes: Impossible™ is available online or at your local grocery store. Impossible™ cooks and tastes like beef made from cows – but is made sustainably, from plants.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.