Kick off your meal with a bowl of tasty little dumpling bites, plain or paired with toppings. Plus you can be enjoying Spätzle before you know it…there are only six ingredients and prepping to cooking takes less than 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water, more or less as needed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
HOW TO MAKE:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and nutmeg; pour eggs into middle of flour mixture; beat with a wooden spoon. Stir in enough water to make dough slightly sticky yet still elastic.
- Place dough in a colander with medium holes, and press dough through holes directly into boiling water.
- Let dumplings cook until they rise to surface, about 5 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Working in batches, place butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add noodles and cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.