Rocky Mountaineer is known for the delicious meals and snacks they offer aboard their luxury trains. Despite working in a tiny kitchen while rolling merrily along the rails, their chefs create all types of savory treats, like these wonderful cookies.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- 1 cup unbleached pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cinnamon to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the powdered milk, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the oats and the raisins.
- Scoop spoonfuls (2 tablespoons each) of batter and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 12 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Let cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or store in a loosely covered container.
Makes 12 cookies.