Mother’s Day is the occasion celebrated each year to express love, respect, and honor towards moms. The holiday may include rest and relaxation, pampering, fun activities, special gifts, or a delicious dinner (made by anyone but mom). While not all families may be able to celebrate mom in person this year, there are plenty of ways to make her feel special whether it’s in-person or virtually.
Here are some ideas for anyone fortunate enough to spend the day with mom in-person:
- Plan a day hike
- Make mom breakfast in bed
- Take a family bike ride
- Bake a delicious dessert together
- Do some fun arts & crafts - Break out those old photo albums and transform them into something beautiful. You can each work on your own scrapbook pages and bind them together when you're done.
Spending Mother’s Day apart? As you look forward to the time when you will be able to spend time with your mom in-person, a virtual celebration can be done. Hop on a video call and spend some time together virtually. You can also send your mom something extra special to show your love.
Treat your mom from a distance with:
- A bouquet of flowers
- A new house plant
- A personal DIY spa day for ultimate relaxation
- A special home cooked meal
- A gift box full of a variety of fun items she loves
AAA Discounts & Rewards partner, 1-800-Flowers, has a variety of options to put a smile on your mom’s face from a distance – from a bouquet of flowers to one-of-a-kind keepsakes from Personalization Universe, there is something for every mom.