When it comes time to pack up and head for warmer climes, you’ll need space for all your people and their stuff. That’s exactly where the Honda Odyssey comes in.
Our top Elite model featured all the goodness for which this eight-passenger people-mover has become known. The spacious interior has room for the whole family in three rows of seats, including a three-person third-row seat that folds down to create an expansive flat load floor. The second row offers a removable center section flanked by individual captain’s chairs that can be slid together for buddy play or spread apart to keep sparring siblings separated.
Handling has always been the Odyssey’s strong suit, and this fifth-generation model is no exception. The 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 under the hood includes an ”economy” mode that helps you stretch a tankful of gas.
Add pluses such as a smooth ride and exceptionally bright LED headlights for all those predawn road-trip starts, and you have a great way to get the gang out of town.
- Roomy, quiet interior makes rolling along the miles effortless.
- Much-improved automatic emergency braking
- Touch-screen navigation/infotainment system needs better interface.
- Some cupholders are too small for larger bottles.
- You’d be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable road-trip machine.
- Base Price: $31,790
- As Tested: $47,820
- NHTSA: Overall: 5 Stars (top rating)
- 19/28 (3.5L FWD)