Spring is a fickle time of year in many parts of the U.S. There is always a day in Spring when the sun is out and the tulips peek out of the soil. But we know that spring is not yet here. It might even snow again. Let’s get you out of a gloomy late-winter funk. Here are a few sun-soaked vacation ideas to help you enjoy Spring.
Charleston, South Carolina, is a charming city with a rich history, beautiful architecture, and a great food scene. Stroll through the historic district and admire the stunning homes, take a carriage ride, visit the famous Battery Park, and indulge in some delicious southern cuisine. The city is also close to the beach, so you can spend some time lounging on the sand and soaking up the sun. It’s a historic city known for its cobblestone streets and Southern hospitality. Spring is a lovely time of year to visit Charleston, as the weather is mild and there are several events and festivals to enjoy. Here are some events that take place in Charleston, SC, in the spring:
- The Charleston Wine + Food Festival is an annual festival that takes place in early March. The festival includes wine tastings, culinary demonstrations, and dinners prepared by some of the city's top chefs.
- The Festival of Houses and Gardens is an annual event that takes place from mid-March to mid-April. The festival includes tours of private homes and gardens in Charleston's historic district, with knowledgeable guides providing insights into the architecture and history of the homes.
- The Cooper River Bridge Run is an annual 10K race that takes place in early April. The race is one of the largest in the United States and attracts runners from all over the world. The route takes runners over the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, providing spectacular views of the city and harbor.
- The Charleston Antiques Show is an annual event that takes place in mid-March. The show features over 30 dealers showcasing fine antiques and art from the 17th to the 20th century.
- The Flowertown Festival is an annual event that takes place in early April in the nearby town of Summerville, just a short drive from Charleston. The festival features over 200 artisans displaying their crafts, as well as a variety of food vendors, live music, and a children's area.
These are just a few of the many events and festivals that take place in Charleston, SC, during Springtime each year. Be sure to check the Charleston Visitor Bureau website for the most up-to-date information on events and activities.
Sedona is a beautiful destination in Arizona that attracts visitors year-round due to its stunning red rock formations, outdoor activities, and spiritual attractions. Spring is a great months to visit Sedona, as the weather is mild, and there are several events and activities to enjoy. Every spring, Sedona gets busy putting its best foot forward. These are some things to do if you go:
- The Sedona International Film Festival takes place in late February and early March and features over 160 films from around the world. The festival includes filmmaker workshops, panel discussions, and red-carpet events.
- What better way to chill out than the Sedona Yoga Festival? It takes place in early March and features a variety of yoga classes, workshops, and lectures. The festival attracts yoga enthusiasts from around the world and includes meditation classes, hiking, and wellness activities.
- A southwest spin on a classic celebration, the Sedona St. Patrick's Parade & Festival takes place in mid-March and includes a parade through Uptown Sedona, live music, and food vendors. The festival also includes a green beer garden and activities for kids.
- The Sedona Arts Festival takes place in early April and features over 125 artists and craftspeople displaying their work. The festival also includes live music, food vendors, and a kids' creative zone.
- Stay up late for amazing views. Red Rock State Park hosts monthly star parties throughout the year, including in March and April. These events provide visitors with the opportunity to stargaze with the help of astronomers and learn about the night sky.
- Sedona Photography Symposium: The Sedona Photography Symposium takes place in late April and features workshops, lectures, and exhibitions by photographers from around the world. The symposium includes a wide range of photography topics, from landscape and nature photography to portrait and fashion photography.
Austin, Texas, is a vibrant and creative city with a thriving music scene, cultural attractions, and a variety of festivals and events throughout the year. During Spring in Austin, with several major events taking place. Austin is a jumping place all year round but if you are thinking about spring break, here are a few ideas:
- A hot ticket, SXSW is an annual music, film, and technology festival that takes place in mid-March. The festival includes thousands of performers and speakers from around the world, with events and concerts held in various venues throughout the city.
- A real Texas rodeo, Rodeo Austin is an annual rodeo and fair that takes place in mid-March. The event includes rodeo competitions, live music, carnival rides, and a variety of food and drink vendors.
- Don’t miss Texas Independence Day, which is celebrated on March 2 each year and is a state holiday. The day commemorates the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence, and many local restaurants and bars offer special events and deals in honor of the occasion.
- Fusebox Festival is an annual performing arts festival that takes place in mid-April. The festival includes a variety of theater, dance, music, and visual art performances, as well as workshops and talks by artists and performers.
- The Austin Urban Music Festival takes place in mid-April and features a lineup of R&B, soul, and hip-hop performers. The festival includes food and drink vendors, a marketplace, and other activities.
- Art City Austin is an annual art fair that takes place in late April. The fair features over 100 artists displaying their work, as well as live music, food and drink vendors, and a kids' area.
As always, check with the organizers and the visitor’s bureau. These are just a few of the many options available to you for a fun and memorable vacation in a sunny spot. Consider your interests, budget, and preferences to find the perfect destination for you.