Who doesn’t love completing a meal with a sweet ending? Guests aboard Royal Caribbean love ending their meal at Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar with nonna’s (that’s grandmother in Italian) delectable biscotti cookies. In fact, they’re so popular, they figured you’d love to try a batch at home!
For an even sweeter treat, dip part of the biscotti in melted chocolate before it cools. Delicious!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 drops Anise flavoring
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
HOW TO MAKE:
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil and anise flavoring together.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and form it into a lengthy loaf that is ½ inch thick. Then slice the dough in half lengthwise.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and then slice into ½ inch slices.
- Bake the slices, cut side up, for another 6 – 10 minutes, flip the cookies over and then bake for another 6 – 10 minutes.
- If you want to dip your biscotti in melted chocolate, do that now.
- Place your biscotti on a wire rack to cool. Then dust with powdered sugar.