Whether you need a quick breakfast on the go, an afternoon snack or a light dessert after dinner, these muffins are delightful at any time of the day.
- 1 pound 11 ounces mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
- 12 ounces sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 9 ½ ounces eggs
- 6 ounces brown butter
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ounce vanilla
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces white gluten free flour
- 1 ounce cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the almonds and mix well.
- Using a mixer, process bananas on a slow speed until mashed well.
- Add eggs, brown butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla and combine at a medium speed.
- With the mixer still on medium speed, add the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and place 2.5 ounces of batter into each cup (you should have enough batter to fill at least 9 of the slots).
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.