Indulge in this rich and creamy Cherry Chocolate Trifle from Celebrity Cruises’ Main Restaurant.
DEVILS FOOD CAKE RECIPE
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- ½ pound granulated sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ ounces whole eggs
- ½ pound all purpose flour
- 1 ounce buckwheat flour
- 4 ½ grams baking powder
- 4 ½ grams baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces hot water
Mix all dry ingredients except the cocoa and the sugar. Set aside. With a mixer, blend the butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs to the mixture. Once well blended, add the dry ingredients and slowly mix in to evenly combine. Slowly add the hot water and blend until smooth. Spread batter on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
- 1.6 ounces Dark Chocolate (74%)
- 1.6 ounces Dark Chocolate (55%)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Beat eggs whites and sugar into a meringue. Once done, remove from the mixing bowl and set aside. Add the heavy cream to the clean mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Pour the hot chocolate into a bowl. Add ¼ of the whipped cream to the chocolate and gently mix by hand. Add the rest of the whipped cream and mix. Gently fold in the meringue. Refrigerate at least one hour.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 ½ ounces Dark Chocolate (74%)
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla extract
In a pot, combine all ingredients except the chocolate and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate and whisk constantly to form an emulsion. Cool sauce in an ice bath and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
SOAKED CHERRY RECIPE
- 10 ounce pitted dark cherries in syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 English Tea bag and 1 Black Tea bag
Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and steep for 4 minutes. Put cherries in a bowl and pour tea over them. Wrap tightly and cool at room temperature. Strain the liquid from the cherries and reduce that liquid by ¾. Once reduced, cool the liquid in ice.
- Put the mousse in a piping bag.
- Pipe 1 ounce into the bottom of a glass or dish.
- Top with 3 cubes of the cake and 1 tablespoon of the cherries.
- Spoon a small amount of the reduced cherry liquid over the cake and cherries.
- Pipe 1 ½ ounces of the mousse over the cake and cherries.
- Top with 3 cherries.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Can add chocolate pearls or sprinkles if desired.
Makes 5 servings.