Cook up a Tuscan specialty from the comfort of your kitchen with Giada. This Italian soul food recipe has only 5 ingredients.
- Chicken legs
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- A skewer of rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Red wine (Chianti if you have it as this is a Tuscan wine)
- Cut the chicken into 2 pieces (skin-on) and generously season with salt & pepper. Massage the meat to let the chicken absorb the seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a heavy cast iron skillet with garlic and rosemary and brown the chicken on each side, until it is dark brown in color
- Pour the wine and let it boil for a few seconds, then reduce the heat and let it simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until the sauce is thick and reduced.
- Once cooked, serve with a simple side salad and a fresh loaf of bread