Ready to master the rainbow roll? Put on your chef’s hat and keep yourself entertained with this delicious recipe from Sushi on Five, one of the most popular onboard restaurants.
- 1 each Alaskan California roll, recipe below
- 2 tuna slices, .4 ounces each
- 2 Hamachi slices, 0.4 ounces each
- 2 salmon slices, 0.4 ounces each
- 1 ½ tsp Wasabi
- 2 tsp pickled ginger
ALASKAN CALIFORNIA ROLL
- ½ Nori sheet
- ½ rice
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cucumber, thinly sliced in long strips
- 2 oz Snow Crab meat
- 2 tbs Japanese mayo
- Lay the Nori sheet on a cutting board.
- Spread the rice evenly over the Nori.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Turn the rice and Nori over.
- Mix the crab meat and mayo; spread down the center of the Nori.
- Add the slice vegetables along one side of the crab meat.
- Roll, keeping the Nori on the inside and the rice on the outside.
- Slice the fish as per sashimi and lay each slice on top of the Alaskan California roll, making sure to separate the colors so you get the nice rainbow effect.
- Use plastic wrap to press the roll and form a nice shape.
- Slice the roll into 8 even pieces.
- Arrange nicely on serving dish and garnish with the Wasabi and ginger.