Some experiences to savor while onboard one of Royal Caribbean’s amazing ships are certain drinks that guests are able to enjoy. One of the fan favorites is the delightful Lava Flow. This creamy drink is mixed with a berry (usually strawberry) that when presented, resembles the way lava from a volcano might descend down a mountain. If you need a lava flow fix between cruises, here is the full recipe for how to make one (or more) at home.
- 1.5 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. Malibu coconut rum
- 2 oz. coconut cream
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- Mix strawberries and rum in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Place contents at the bottom of a tall glass.
- Mix rest of the unused ingredients with crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glass. The strawberry and rum mixture will creep up the sides of the glass, giving the drink its name.
- Serve with straw.