Crispy, sweet, compatible with countless toppings; what’s not to love about funnel cake? Bring this Perfect Day at CocoCay favorite right to your table. The longtime state fair staple is traditionally topped with powdered sugar, but don’t be afraid to experiment with more decadent options like hot fudge, ice cream and pie filling. Trust us, you’ll have no trouble sharing it (if you want to!).
- 8 fluid ounces cold water
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 8 ounce funnel cake mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
HOW TO MAKE:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the oil) and mix well.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag and cut the tip or use a kitchen funnel.
- Pipe the batter into the hot oil in a roughly circular motion until a circle is created.
- Fry both sides of the funnel cake until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Dust with powdered sugar for a classic cake or explore other toppings to make it your own creation!