- Convenience: One of the many benefits of AAA Car Battery Service is the convenience of having your battery replaced at any location of your choosing. Simply enter your car information, and our battery store will help you purchase your battery and schedule a time to have it installed wherever you are. You won’t need to waste time waiting in a repair shop or trying to install the battery yourself!
- Value: Your AAA Premium Battery purchase includes diagnostic testing of your charging and starting systems, installation and labor, and the recycling of the old battery. Repair shops frequently charge extra for these services, but AAA has you covered.
- Warranty: The AAA Premium Battery comes with a 3-year warranty. Providing the only mobile warranty in the U.S. makes the AAA Premium Battery warranty one of the best in the industry.
Special Features and Benefits
Free mobile service
Our expert technicians come to you wherever you are.*
Free battery test using state-of-the-art technology.**
Save time by having a high-quality AAA battery installed on-the-spot.
Save money through exclusive Member discounts.***
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I buy a AAA Premium Battery?
How long do car batteries typically last?
Most batteries in North America last three to five years. Today’s vehicles, however, use many more battery-powered items (e.g., heated/cooled seats, GPS, USB charging ports, onboard Wi-Fi modems, power windows, wipers, stereo, etc.), increasing the demand on your car battery. Repeated harsh treatment and severe fluctuations in temperature can also reduce battery life.
What are some signs that my car battery is on the verge of dying?
- Slow cranking: When you start your car, the engine cranks slowly or struggles to turn over, indicating a weakened battery.
- Dimming headlights and interior lights: As the battery loses power, you may notice your headlights and interior lights becoming noticeably dimmer, especially when idling or at low speeds.
- Clicking sound when starting: If you hear a rapid clicking sound when turning the key in the ignition, it could be a sign that the battery doesn't have enough power to start the engine.
- Warning lights on the dashboard: Certain warning lights, such as the battery or check engine light, may illuminate on the dashboard, signaling potential battery or charging system issues.
Is heat as bad on your batteries as cold?
Yes, heat can be just as detrimental to car batteries as cold temperatures. High temperatures can lead to decreased battery capacity and a shorter overall lifespan. Excessive heat can also accelerate the chemical reactions inside the battery, which can result in a faster rate of internal degradation. Both extreme cold and heat can have negative effects on a car battery's performance and longevity, and it's important to take precautions in both types of weather.
What is the difference between an AGM battery and a traditional car battery?
- AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries and traditional car batteries, often referred to as flooded lead-acid batteries, differ in their internal construction. AGM batteries use a fiberglass mat soaked in electrolyte between the lead plates, which is then tightly compressed, making them spill-proof and maintenance-free. Traditional car batteries have the electrolyte in liquid form, free to slosh around inside the battery case.
- AGM batteries are known for their higher resistance to vibration, faster recharge rates, and better performance in deep cycling applications, while traditional batteries are generally less expensive but may require periodic maintenance like checking and topping off electrolyte levels. AGM batteries are commonly used in modern vehicles with advanced electronics, while traditional batteries are still widely used in older vehicles.
** Notice Regarding Battery Calls: Since battery testing and replacement is considered to be a service call, if you have exceeded the number of service calls allotted for your membership level, charges incurred for the service call are considered as being applicable to the battery service call. The charge for the non-covered service call excludes the price of any battery replacement, if applicable.
*** The AAA online instant quote is based on the price of an original equipment quality battery replacement. In some instances where the original equipment is not available, a similar alternate battery may be offered in substitution. The alternate battery’s price is not reflected in the original online quote which may be slightly higher. Ask your installer for details.