Pothole in the middle of a country road


Government Affairs

Potholes don’t just leave you shaken – they’re a serious safety hazard. Everywhere you turn, potholes, some big as craters, are causing motorists a lot of misery while driving on the roads and when paying for necessary repairs caused from landing in these ‘landmines.’ Potholes are wreaking havoc to cars on state highways and local roads according to experts at AAA.

Learn how to STAY SAFE with tips from AAA Mid-Atlantic:

Learn More

Spring brings major issues for your car. AAA has a few tips to help you get through:Read More


click to expand

Motorists in Connecticut, may report potholes to CT Department of Transportation.


click to expand

  • Click here to report a pothole in the DC/Metro area.

  • Contact the DelDOT at 302.760.2080, or 800.652.5600 to report potholes or any other road maintenance issues.
  • You can email DelDOT at dotpr@state.de.us
  • Or, contact DelDOT using this online form
  • Crews will rapidly investigate each report and will schedule repairs according to the severity of the pothole and according to the available resources.
  • ** If the pothole is on a street that is maintained by a town or city, call the public works or city manager's office in that location. However, some city streets are maintained by DelDOT. If you are unsure, you may call DelDOT at 760-2080.

Click the links below to report a pothole the the following areas:

Motorists in Kentucky, contact Report-a-Pothole.

  • To report a pot hole on a state route, contact the State Highway Administration at 410-582-5650 or fill out a service request form.
  • For Baltimore City and County roads, click here to contact County government

  • Motorists in New Jersey can report potholes by filling out this form online.
  • For potholes located on county roads, motorist are encouraged to call the numbers at the local county office.

To report potholes in Ohio, contact Ohio Department of Transportation.

To report potholes in these areas of Oklahoma, contact:


click to expand

  • Motorists in Philadelphia can report potholes by calling 311 or 215-686-5560, or online.
  • Outside of Philadelphia, motorists can call PennDOT at 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623), or report a problem to PennDOT online to their Customer Care Center.


click to expand

To report potholes in these areas of South Dakota, contact:

Motorists in Virginia, contact VDOT to report a pothole.


click to expand

In West Virginia, call 1-304-558-0103 to report potholes. .