Travelers are easing back into adventures, with most opting for driving and staying closer to home.
No matter where or how you’re traveling, keeping everyone safe is a must. To help the kids understand and follow the rules, KeeKee’s here to help!
Kids often do better following instructions when they feel they have some power and following the Center for Disease Control guidelines is a great way to give them some control.
We can keep ourselves and others safe and healthy by stopping the spread of germs.
Here are proven and recommended ways to help:
- Wear a face mask to cover your nose and mouth when around others (outside your home). It’s the most critical safeguard we have.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, for as long as it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice. Or use hand sanitizer if you don’t have soap and water nearby.
- Stay six feet apart from other people as you travel and avoid crowded areas.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue (then throw it away).
These four tips will go a long way in helping keep everyone safer.
Some additional clean travel tips include:
- Pack extra masks for your family and for others who may need one.
- Pack an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for hand cleaning. Get travel sanitizers and attach them to your kids’ backpacks.
- Bring disinfecting wipes for wiping down frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Travel with all needed travel documentation, including health insurance cards.
- Pack any extra supplies you may need, including additional doses of medication, if you need them.
AAA and KeeKee are here to help you make the most of your adventures – which, of course, always includes traveling safely.