This all-new crossover starts with an advanced all-electric powertrain with one or two electric motors, giving the EV6 rear- or all-wheel drive. There are two different battery packs as well, providing a driving range up to 232 miles or up to 310 miles.
On the road, the Kia’s suspension delivers above-average handling, but ride quality felt a bit too firm on bumpy stretches of pavement.
The futuristic-looking interior offers room for four adults and has all the latest creature comforts, including huge digital displays. On the downside, touch-sensitive controls for the audio and climate systems can be tricky to use.
Nevertheless, Kia’s many advanced safety features and 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty translate into a crossover that sports both space-age design and down-to-earth practicality.
- Super-fast charging at a DC fast-charging station
- Strong acceleration, especially with the dual-electric motor setup
- Quirky layout of controls for audio and climate systems
- Infotainment system’s faux “engine” sounds
- The EV6’s handsome design and appealing powertrain are a win-win.
- Base Price: $40,900
- As Tested: $52,190
- 117 (single motor)
- 105 (dual motor)